Light the match by striking it, and entrust yourself to the natural fragrance rising in the air.
Hibi is an incense stick you can light easily without a lighting device. It is the first in the world created in collaboration with traditional local industries in the prefecture of Hyogo!
In the Harima area around the town of Himeji, in the prefecture of Hyogo, the production of matches represents 90% of the national total. In this way, a product has been created by merging technologies that have remained unchanged for over 100 years.
- Lemongrass: The sweet and sour/bittersweet scent of lemon and something that reminds you of a green meadow are freshness itself. For the times when you want to restore and refresh yourself.
- Lavender: An Elegant floral fragrance. For the times when you want to soothe your mind or in the moments before going to sleep.
- Geranium: A fragrance that blends the sweetness of a rose with a green note. For the times when you want to restore the balance of an insecure spirit.
- Tea Tree: A Spicy fragrance with cool freshness. For the times when you want to calm your frustrations or feeling of depression and feel refreshed
- Citronella: A fragrance of a fresh citrus green note, also known for its insect-repellent effect. Ideal for revitalizing the air of your living space to refresh your mind.
- Yuzu: A refreshing citrus aroma diffusing crisp fragrances under the wintry sky. Ideal for warming and relaxing the mind and body numb with cold.
How to use
- Pull the perforated part of the film sideways to the left and right to open the package.
- Take out a stick of hibi and press its top tip against the brown rough surface on the side of the box (the side for striking) at an angle of 45 degrees, and scrape it diagonally down to light it. Hold the stick at its mid-point as it might break easily if you hold the far tip of the stick to strike it.
- Once it’s lit, hold it in a slightly head-down tilted position than in a horizontal position, and keep holding it until the flame spreads to the incense part and the flame settles on its own. If you put out the flame hastily before it settles, the fire many not spread to its incense part or the smell of the match may affect the initial fragrance of the incense because the flammable material in the match head (ignition material) may not have burned completely.
- Lay the stick on hibi’s exclusive mat and enjoy the scent for around 10 minutes. You can put it on the desk as the exclusive mat and tray are heat-resistant.
- After using the stick, lift the stick together with the mat and throw away remaining ash. Using another stick of hibi on the mat with the residual ash may mix scents and you may not enjoy the original scent of hibi.