Winner of the 2014 Good Design Award and ISOT 2014 award in the Functionality category, the Raymay Swingcut Scissors feature an innovative design that allows for easier, more effortless cutting. Unlike conventional scissors, the pivot point of the Swingcut scissors is off-center. This ingenious alteration allows the user to create a stronger cutting force with less effort..
Soft elastomer padding has been strategically placed at the contact points where the handles touch when closed, softening the impact of cutting and reducing noise. Elastomer padding in the ergonomically designed asymmetric handles further adds to the comfort, while a special two-step surface treatment protects the blades against nicks and scratches.
Three blade types are available:
- Standard: Stainless steel blades.( white)
- Fluorine Coating: The stainless steel blades are coated with non-stick fluorine to prevent sticky residue from building up on the blades when cutting through tape or labels.(black)
- Titanium Coating: The stainless steel blades are coated with hard titanium to provide 3 times the blade durability of uncoated stainless steel, perfect for cutting cardboard and other heavy-duty tasks. (gold)
- The scissors have a right-handed blade configuration but can be used effectively with either hand.
- Blade Length: 7.5 cm / 3.0 inches
- Blade Material: Metal
- Handle Material: Plastic